Kelly would love to meet with your book club either in person or via SKYPE. To set up a book club visit, please contact Kelly directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Jessica James Mystery Series, Book Two)
Sample Book Club Questions
Download a copy of the questions (pdf)
- How does the novel take up serious issues of Fracking, corruption, human trafficking, Eco-terrorism, and drug addiction? Did the novel make you more aware of these issues?
- Did you like the way the novel moved between Glacier Park and the Blackfeet Indian Reservation? In what ways did the setting act as a kind of character in the novel?
- The novel is told from three points of view, Jessica’s, Kimi’s, and Bill’s. Who’s point of view did you enjoy the most? Why?
- All three main characters are affected by the bus accident. Did you like the way that the story is anchored by that one traumatic event?
- What would Jessica’s life have been like if she’d stayed in Montana? In what ways is Bill a sort of alter-ego for Jessica as someone who stayed?
- Even though Jessica is from Montana, she doesn’t seem to fit in. Yet, she doesn’t fit in at graduate school in philosophy either. Discuss the ways in which Jessica is a misfit in both places, and why.
- How is Jessica’s life affected by others’ expectations of her?
- How does philosophy help her to cope with, escape, or navigate the world?
- What did you think of Jessica’s relationship with Kimi? How about Kimi’s relationship with Lolita?
- What was the biggest surprise in the novel?
- Was Tommy a good bad guy? What about Richard Knight?
- Did you like the double-identity subplot?
- Did the novel do a good job of raising awareness of the poverty and hardship on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation?