Kelly would love to meet with your book club either in person or via SKYPE. To set up a book club visit, please contact Kelly directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Jessica James Mystery Series, Book One)
Sample Book Club Questions
Download a copy of the questions (pdf)
- How does Jessica deal with sexism at the university? How should she have dealt with it?
- Discuss the issue of party rape on campus. Is Lolita and Jessica's revenge against the fraternity boys justified?
- Did you guess the killer? If so, how did you know? If not, who did you think killed Wolf?
- Do you think Nick and Jessica belong together? They're both consenting adults. But is there a problem that she is a student and he is a professor?
- Who was your favorite character and why?
- What did you think of the alternating points of view between Jessica and Dmitry? Which was your favorite and why?
- Do you think Dmitry should have left Chicago instead of confronting The Pope once Bratva found him?
- Do you think Dmitry should have pursued a career in art or related to his interest in art instead of becoming a janitor?
- What did you think of the strong women characters in the novel? What did you think of the relationships between them? Between Lolita and Jessica? Between Jessica and Amber? Between Donnette and Jessica?
- Was Alexander a good villain?
- Did you learn anything about philosophy or art?
- Which was your favorite subplot? The Russian art subplot or the feminist revenge subplot?
- Is it important to the plot that Jessica is from Montana and used to be a cowgirl?