Fiona Figg Mysteries Book Club Questions
Food and drink pairings
Tea of course. Or, champagne for the beginning of the book, brandy for the middle, and scotch whiskey for the end. Since WWI tinned beef or toad-in-the-hole don’t make for very nice party foods, try tea biscuits (English cookies) or treacle pudding.
Betrayal at Ravenswick
Book Club Questions
- If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast?
- Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did it stand out?
- Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
- Which place in the book would you most like to visit?
- What did you already know about WWI before you read the book? What new things did you learn?
- Did the book do a good job of evoking 1917 London?
- What themes stood out in this book?
- How does Fiona evolve or change throughout the story? What are some the triggering events for her?
- Did Fiona remind you of yourself or anyone you know?
- What do you think of women’s place in war?
- Did you like the mystery within the mystery? At what point did you solve the mystery?
- Who was your favorite character and why? Who was your least favorite character?
- How has women’s place in society changed since 1917?
- Did you enjoy the mixture of humor and melancholy in the book? Did it make you laugh and cry?
- What was your favorite scene in the book?
- Should Fiona choose Archie Somersby or Clifford Douglas?